Balinese people like spicy food, but with the boom of tourists you can get almost everywhere also classic European food or Asian but non-spicy. A popular flavoring preparation is the highly spicy Sambal. Local restaurants are called Warung.
What food to taste in Bali?
- Nasi Goreng – fried rice
- Mie Goreng – fried noodles
- Ayam – chicken
- Nasi Campur – rice and around various snacks like tempeh, tofu, chicken, nuts .. different in each warungu
- Phuyunghai – omelette topped with a delicious sauce, eats rice for her
- Babi Gulig – pork with rice
- Gado Gado – meat or vegetables and rice in peanut sauce
- Satay – skewers
- Soto Ayam – chicken soup with vegetables and ginger
Bali cooking courses are also popular, where you will learn how to prepare local specialties.
Beer in Bali
Beer in Bali is not one of the cheapest things to drink. Small beer (0.33 l) costs around 25,000 Rp and large (0.62 l) costs around 45,000 Rp. The most famous and popular local brand is Bintang. The Prost beer is also worth a taste. Among the Indonesian brands you will find Bali Hai and Anker.